Senior Research Program Manager
Pediatric Adolescent Virus Collaboratory (PAVE)
National Institute of Health Martin Delaney Collaboratory
Job Req ID: 66216 | Apply Here
The PAVE Martin Delaney Collaboratory is a recently funded (8/2021) consortium of investigators and community advocates based in the US, UK, Italy, and South Africa focused on the effort to find a cure for HIV in children and adolescents. The goals of the PAVE MDC are to perform basic research into HIV reservoirs and control of virus rebound, and to identify strategies to reduce and control these reservoirs. A focus on new tools for cure research in pediatric populations will also be studied to improve reservoir evaluation in clinical trials for pediatric populations.
We are seeking a Senior Research Program Manager who will be responsible for supporting research activities for the PAVE MDC under Dr. Deborah Persaud, the Principal Investigator for the PAVE MDC at the School of Medicine. The Sr. Research Program Manager provides day-to-day management and support to the PAVE MDC ensuring effective communications between consortium partners, timely reporting to Program Directors and overall, will play a critical role in ensuring that the Collaboratory activities are implemented in a timely, efficient and high-quality fashion.
Based at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and reporting to the Consortium Program Director, the Sr. Program Manager will form part of the consortium management team, and will be expected to work closely with all members of the management team including the Research Focus Leaders, and their team, the budget analyst and the NIH program staff. This is a 100% of time position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific tasks of the Sr. Program Manager include:
- Help ensure effective communications between consortium members, so that all consortium partners are aware of reporting deadlines, upcoming events, research and dissemination opportunities etc. Participate in the planning and execution of consortia meetings and teleconferences, and communicate with all partners on a regular basis.
- Track progress of the Consortium against work-plans and the project milestones, working closely with the Program Director. Set up and operate appropriate systems to track Consortium products, activities, outputs and outcomes. Produce quarterly monitoring reports as an internal management tool for the management team.
- Take the lead in compiling work-plans and annual reports of the PAVE MDC activities for onward transmission to the NIH, including coordinating with partners to ensure use of appropriate reporting formats, reviewing materials provided by partners to ensure their clarity and accuracy, and combining into one report, with the support of the Program Director.
- Help in identifying opportunities for cross-research focus learning, and assist in the coordination and implementation of capacity development activities for all consortium partners.
- Monitor research protocols for adherence to GCP and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for preparing budget reports and monitor spending along with supervision of the administrative and budget assistants.
- Collaborate on budget development and evaluate funding requests.
- Oversight and maintenance of the website.
- Assist in scientific writing, and developing effective visualizations, posters and presentations for scientific conferences.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Masters or PhD Degree in related discipline.
- 8 years related experience including significant experience in field conducting large research projects.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience conducting laboratory related research required.
- Experience of managing complex projects, particularly research projects, with multiple partners.
- Demonstrated budget management experience.
- Experience of working with large groups and negotiating obstacles to timely implementation.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, reference databases, PowerPoint, and analytic and graphical display.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse partners.
- Analytical mindset and highly organized and systematic in work, with good attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively in a team.